Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Hunting and Camping in Tennessee

Big Buck Resort is located about an hour West of Memphis, Tennessee near Hornsby.

We spent a week with Big Buck. 

This was one of our stays which included - no internet and marginal Verizon phone cover.  We were able to use our phones outside ("are you there? Can you hear me now") and we went to the office to work because there was spotty internet coverage.  According to the Verizon map, we had full coverage... not. (end of complaint)

After four full years of life on the road, I have never camped at a place that is all about hunting.  


Although it never specifically stated, we just assumed this sign pertains ONLY to animals.... Stephen King, Dean Koontz, are you there?
It is now the off-season for camping in Tennessee and there were maybe 4 other RV's in the campground which only added to my imagination... Seriously, it was a nice campground with lots of space.


While camping with Big Buck we visited the Civil War battlefield of Shiloh,  what an amazing experience.  When you go, watch the movie, then take the driving tour.  I did not take one single picture!   I was so moved by the sacrifice and heroism  I forgot  to pick up my camera.

No comments: