Saturday, November 10, 2012

Dan Fogelberg

 Dan Fogelberg  lost his battle with cancer in 2007.  I was introduced to his music in 1977, when this cute guy asked if he could look at my guitar (what a pick up line, eh?)  So, here I am many years later, married to the cute guy, and I still enjoy the music of Dan Folgelberg.

We were traveling back to our campground having just sung for the students at Bethel Lutheran School in Morton, Illinois, when suddenly, Miss Direction interrupts our conversation with her favorite line, "recalculating"!  As we continued to drive down the wrong road I saw a sign that read Dan Fogelberg Memorial.  As much as I like Dan, I did not know he grew up in Peoria, IL.   It was a good adventure on the wrong road which turned out to be the right road. 


A portion of his song "Part of the Plan"
"I never got into music to be the latest, greatest thing.  I'm a musician because that is what I am.  I will create music the I want to whether a million people are listening or no one is listening.  That's not the point of creating music.  The point is following your own creative instincts." ~ Dan Fogelberg

No comments: