Wednesday, March 6, 2013

MRV Resort Moore Haven Florida

Our address for the past week has been MRV Resort in Moore Haven, Florida. 

There are RV trailer homes with license plates from all over the country parked here.  My favorite experience: one afternoon a group of ladies from Quebec, were in the pool, they were having a great conversation with lots of laughter.  I could not understand a word they said.  When they spoke to me, in English, I begged them to ignore me and continue in their native French, as I was imagining myself in some exotic climate enjoying the scenery and floating peacefully with my noodle (which I call noodling - think what you will, I am not changing the name.) When I opened my eyes, there I was in an exotic climate - 80 degrees -  listening to some lovely ladies talk about their children, their lives, their travel plans, and getting to know one another - at least that is my guess as I do not speak French.  it was quite nice and relaxing to let their language flow over me without any preoccupation on my part to join in or even follow the gist.  

The pool 


Our spot 

There have been a few afternoons when the only people in the pool hail from Michigan, Wisconsin, Canada or Maine.  The folks from the "northern" states such as Tennessee, North or South Carolina and Virginia feel that 75 is too cold for a swim. I  have not experienced real winter weather in five years, but it is still nice to acknowledge my thick northern blood. 


One afternoon we met Andy and Sue, who are from Pennsylvania and stopped over on their way to Key West, Florida.  Andy brought out his fiddle and of course we were drawn to the music and joined in as he played. What fun. 

No comments: