Sunday, March 17, 2013

Glad Sound

Pastor George and Annette Krueger
 In the summer of 1978 I was part of a musical group organized through Concordia College called Glad Sound.  We traveled around the Upper Mid-west singing at churches and doing PR for the school.  It was a growing experience for me to be around such talented people, most of whom remain friends all these years later.  I am grateful the Lord has seen fit to give me the gift of these dear ones.

Pastor George are snowbirds now. He remembered my weird name and wondered if I was one of the group who sang at his church in Ortonville, MN in 1978.  Of course I am.  He talked about how his family enjoyed the concert and how we inspired a few of his kids  to check out Concordia.  I am pretty sure there were many other factors, but it was nice to hear that we made an impression.  We had a fine visit.  Pastor George likes to talk fishing and of course he always brings ----- A net.  (his wife's name is Annette)  Annette smiles and rolls her eyes, she has heard it a million times.

The First Lutheran Church Annual "Snowbird" potluck.  It was a lot of fun. There are so many interesting people in this world!

No comments: