Friday, December 21, 2012

Membership Does Have Perks





We are parked at Bethlehem Lutheran in Jacksonville Beach, Florida. The very cool thing about this particular church is that - we are members!  

Dave is on staff as a missionary-at-large.  His job is to travel the country, sing and talk about Jesus, His saving work and costly love for each of us.  We LOVE our work.  It has been encouraging for us to be here and just - attend.  As all pastors, Dave would rather preach than sit in the pew, but sometimes it is nice to soak it in.  

Now, this may not seem a big deal, but as the fellowship book was handed to me during the offering and as I wrote my name and check the box marked, "member," I was stunned with thankfulness.   A place to belong.  That does not happen to me very often.  The nature of our life means constant travel and we love it.  But for these next few weeks... it is nice to belong. :)



No comments: