Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Remember When

 These photos show the first two places our daughter, Alyssa, lived.  Having a grandchild changes everything and sends me quickly into reminiscence mode. I begin many sentences with, "remember when..."  I am sure most new grandparents are prone to pulling out memories left and right.
I remember when we brought our baby home to our one bedroom basement apartment on the campus of Concordia College in St. Paul - Moenkemoeller Hall. 



We are working around the Twin Cities for the next few weeks and had the opportunity to drive right by our old apartments, both on the same road less than a block apart. 

Our second apartment, also on the Concordia Campus, had two bedrooms! We lived on the first floor, John and Linda Bonk lived just above us. I met Linda in late April of 1981, as we were moving in - she is one of my dearest friends. Good memories. 
Anyone who has ever lived in Dobberfuhl Hall will recall the cracked support beam in the basement - the fact that this building still stands is proof of the Lord's care.
This new family gives me joy and causes such reflection. My son is a dad - "remember when..."  :)

No comments: