Tuesday, May 5, 2009

The Back Lot


Here we are in Centennial, Colorado, for a week long stay. Out my window this week is the back lot of King Soopers, a grocery store. For those of you who never visit the semi truck lot in the back of a grocery store - you do not know what you are missing. 5 AM deliveries, followed by the 6 AM deliveries, followed by... well, you get the picture.

Since the show is right out my window, I have enjoyed watching the skill of the truck drivers. They have to back their semi to the loading dock door, which given the size of their trailers looks like a 2x2 foot door of opportunity. Every driver has nailed it accurately within three tries - I am impressed. I have made a little paper sign scoring their backing skill; although I am not sure they are looking to me for "atta boys" - hitting the loading dock square on must be enough praise for any guy.

This was an interesting photo with the Red's Organic Bread truck right next to the Entenmann's donuts, cookies and cakes truck.

1 comment:

LindaJean said...

Hey! You certainly are expanding your horizons, now taking in supermarter (soopers!!! hahaha) loading docks :)
I have a great view from here. I can see right down to canal park and the lift bridge from Joshua's hospital room. We are in here because Josh has mono and his body started fighting off more than just the bad cells and instead has taken out most of his platelets. He is getting IV meds right now, and I am so thankful for wi fi in the hospital. Makes for 63% less boredom. :)
I will call you tomorrow!