Saturday, December 22, 2007

Ahh...grace in the glorious drizzle


In March 2007 we had the awesome opportunity of singing in and around Victoria. The roads are skinny, the trees big, the people friendly. Dorothy, pictured with Dave, opened her home to us and played tour guide to our tourist. She has a delightful gift of hospitality - Thank you, Dorothy.

It was our second trip to Victoria and Redeemer Lutheran Church, where Pastor Phil Washeim serves his people and the Lord with a light heart and a great sense of humor. From Phil we picked up a very useful expression:"Yeah, yeah, yeah." More volume on the first "yeah," then diminishing in volume and pitch with each successive "yeah" will produce this trademark "YEAH, Yeah, yeah". (Don't overdo it.) We use it all the time. As with most colloquialisms, the meaning is rich and diverse, but basically it means: "Oh, I see where you are going with that. Yes, indeed, I believe I have grasped your meaning. Please move on now to your next point. I am eager to hear it." This is the sort of expression you might expect coming from a colder climate were it is important to conserve as much energy as possible. Phil is from Saskatchewan. There you go.

1 comment:

LindaJean said...

I LOVE your blog! I hope you will have fun at it, as well as the best time ever serving the Lord with haRVey :)
I am always praying for you!