Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Back in 1979...

When Dave and I were first married - you know, when your furniture consists of bean bags, plywood, bricks, maybe a few decent chairs, and the best sound system you could afford? Well, that is when we lived in this great first floor one bedroom apartment on the south side of Corvallis, Oregon, with the railroad tracks just out back. Our rent was $250 per month.

My favorite album at the time was Dan Fogelberg's "Phoenix." We were huge fans of his. Dave introduced me to his music in college. We saw him in concert several times. His songs bring back good memories. We were saddened to learn that Dan Fogelberg died on December 16, 2007, from prostate cancer. His guitar and writing style influenced Dave's music heavily and will continue to do so.

Our time in Corvallis, Oregon was a great learning experience. I was biking to work one day and had the thought, "it would not be so bad to be a pastor's wife." Dave was thinking, "could I be a pastor?" God has a comedic way with us sometimes.

1 comment:

LindaJean said...

This is your first place together? How cool! I did not know Dan Fogelberg died :(