Monday, March 12, 2018

A Song and a Super Hero



This lovely young lady is named Sabra too! When we introduced ourselves to the school secretary at one of our long ago stops when my hair was brown, I was informed that a student had transferred recently and her name - Sabra. My response was, "You are kidding, I have NEVER met another person named Sabra." It was a treat to have our picture taken together.

When I was growing up I never had a license plate for my bike that said, "Sabra." In high school all my friends laughed at the way sports announcers massacred my name. It became a team joke. I have had mail come to me addressed to Sabarbara, Sabrina, Salora, Zombra, Sandra or even Debra and thought it is a good thing I answer to anything close!  My son, Travis, directed me to a great song, Sabra Girl by Nickel Creek. It is my morning alarm. :) My word of wisdom for this young lady would be - don't take yourself or the correct pronounciation of your name too seriously and WE have a Super Hero! 

Super Hero - Sabra




No comments: