Wednesday, January 8, 2014

It is In The Bag!

These faithful ladies have been preparing sack lunches for the homeless for the last six years.  We are parked at Ascension Lutheran in Apple Valley, California, and since my front door is but ten steps from the kitchen, I simply showed up to help. They put me right to work and made me feel part of the group. 

Each lunch bag contains:
apple sauce and a spoon, a granola bar, chips, a bottle of water, and a sandwich.
The ladies bag up lunches every other Wednesday, from 10:15 until about 10:50 this includes placing the sixty assembled lunches in the car for delivery to the soup kitchen in town. While we worked the conversation jumped around, but mostly revolved around who would pick up what was needed for next time.  Thrivent Financial supplies a good portion of the funds needed through area chapters, but these gals do all the leg work. It was a joy for me to spend time with these ladies who are happily serving.




Many hands working together make for an easy task! The lunches are ready for transport and are being handed out today as I compose this blog post. 

No comments: