Monday, October 21, 2013

Standby!

 I recently was able to fly standby round trip from Seattle, Washington, to Minneapolis, Minnesota.  My flight to Minnesota began with - waiting.  Will I get on the flight? I was number 9 on standby, then number 5 for a long time -  okay maybe 10 minutes.  In the end, with only three people waiting, the attendant said, "RUN with me!" so I did.  I had no seat assignment, but as we entered the plane she gave me a seat number and I sat.  Many folks were giving me the evil eye as though I personally caused the delay. I buckled my seat belt  and did not care a whit, I was on my way to see my dear Logan, my kids, and friends. I smiled and read my book. 


Now, my standby trip back to Seattle was fraught with adventure. My friend and I arrived at the airport at 6:30 AM; then watched three flights that did not include me leave, and finally a 5:10 PM flight which was a go. The delay did allow for a Bloody Mary meal shared with my good friend and thanks to Becca for the standby save!

YUM

my sweetie pie


1 comment:

Debi & Woody Sidbury said...

So glad you got that time with some loved ones. I wish yall were heading south in the near future, hate to think of Thanksgiving without the Horns, it will (of course) be sweet, but lacking!
Love & Blessings
Debi