Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Mountain Driving Helena to Spokane

Occasionally,while driving, you might see a sign like this.  Usually at an entrance or exit ramp off of the freeway.  This sign seemed to be a frequent occurrence as we traveled from Helena, Montana, to Spokane, Washington.
When you are driving a sporty vehicle, 
these signs can be nearly ignored/welcomed; and, any car is sporty compared to a quad-cab diesel hauling a 35 foot 5th-wheel trailer, we do notice them.  In fact, I like to point them out to Dave, just in case he may have missed it. :) 

I will freely admit I am not a model passenger, and that my hubby on such days should have his own holiday.  We both managed nicely through five mountain passes, one stop for fuel and three stops for bad snacks to get us through the day.  My prayer life is excellent, my nerves like rubber. I KNOW I have nothing to fear, but I still do. Ugh.The views were fabulous, the day gorgeous, the temperature perfect. I thank God for His continual care even when I fret.

you can barely see just over the vehicle pull out - a town down, down, down in the valley.

No comments: