Friday, January 25, 2013

Home Town

This is Jeff, we were laughing while smiling...

Better
Jeff is a teacher at Trinity in Holly Hills, Florida.  He grew up in West Bend! I grew up in West Bend, too - about twenty years apart. 

When I asked about his experience at St. John's Lutheran School, which we both attended, he credited the teachers with sharing Jesus, giving him a great foundation for life.  In his post high school years, he drifted away from the Lord.  When the Lord brought to mind his early years and St. John's, the Lord reeled him back with fond memories of caring teachers and a Christian church family.  He attended college, became a teacher, and now Mr. Potter is enjoying year five of teaching.  

It was a joy to watch him with the children, he is a caring Christian man who is on a mission to win souls for the Lord!  

I enjoyed my years at St. John's, too.  While there I made life-long friends and gained confidence to be a Christian in real life.  In my college years I moved away from the Lord, but you know that Good Shepherd... He found me and pulled me back through the love of dear people in Corvallis, Oregon, at Zion Lutheran.  Thanks be to God, the journey continues.

If you are a teacher and you are reading this, please do not despair of ever reaching and making a difference for the children you teach.  Your prayers and dedication may take awhile to take root. But with the Lord helping you, it will make a difference. It made a difference for these two. 

No comments: