Friday, August 17, 2012

Sister Time


Amy, Jane and me

Jane and I visited a mushroom farm located just outside of Random Lake.  It was indeed a delight. We brought our mushrooms to the home of my brother, Jesse, for a mushroom heavy on the menu, dinner.  We had portabella mushrooms on the grill, we had sauteed mushrooms with steak, and mushroom appetizers too.  There were a few mushroom haters in the crowd, I am not sure, but I think they put ketchup on their steak! (how uncivilized)
Jane and I also visited a cheese shop, but in Wisconsin... it is not quite a novel as a mushroom farm.

Whenever I am in Wisconsin (God's Country) my sisters and I get together - always fun.  This year we went to Cedarburg for the day. There are many, many shops and our husbands would not have had the stamina or desire to survive such an adventure.  We had lunch outdoors, walked a lot AND stopped for coffee - twice. :)  I thank God for my wonderful sisters. 
In Random Lake, Wisconsin, where Jane lives, there is a little grocery store. Along the back wall you will find an old fashioned ice cream shoppe!  Homemade Shake anyone?  I love small towns.




1 comment:

LindaJean said...

Your new haircut looks fabulous!
:)