Thursday, April 12, 2012

Our Time in Ottawa

Cindy and Rae
Cindy is a mini horse who goes to nursing homes and visits with the residents.  Rae, her owner, was taking her out for a walk when we met.  I did not know people took their horse out for a walk. 

When they visit the nursing homes, Rae and Cindy dress alike - in purple and of course they both wear hats and Cindy has purple shoes too!  I am sorry I did not get a picture of them in their outfits. Rae said the residents enjoy Cindy who has perfect manners when dealing with the elderly; although, Rae has to keep a close watch on what Cindy is being fed - buttons, hairpins, cookies, etc...

Here is what I like about a small town: When I met Rae she said, "didn't you stop in the post office?" It dawned on me where I had seen her before, she is the postmaster in Ottawa, and I stopped in for stamps. 





The White kids all play soccer, I went along to cheer them on as they won 4-1 on a warm Saturday morning.  The White farm is located just outside of Ottawa, Kansas.  It has been in the family for many generations on Mrs. Tracy White's side.  All of Tracy's siblings live in the area as well as her folks, who are just down the road.  We went for an eight mile bike ride with Katie, Noah and Eli who were happy to point out their grandpa's house, their aunt's house (Rae), their other aunt's house.  What a delight to have a huge backyard and a community of family to watch over you as you get to discover the creeks, fishing holes, and trails of your childhood.  Dave and I enjoyed getting to know the Whites.

I was so busy visiting and catching up with them, I did not take a single photo of our dear friends Charlie and Laura Adams, who in spite of celebrating their daughter's marriage just the previous week had time to visit and catch up since our last visit two years ago. Thank you for your kind hospitality and sharing your family at Faith Lutheran with us.

No comments: