Thursday, November 3, 2011

Heat - Bring it On

With a blog title like that I could write just about anything! To say, "I love my heater," sounds foolish and a bit shallow, but here goes - I LOVE MY HEATER!

Last year we purchased a Wave 8 Olympian heater for haRVey. We (when I say we, I mean Dave) installed it sideways in a slot replacing a wood panel.  The manufacturer states that while not the preferred, optimum installation, it will work.  We tried it for awhile - the sideways thing, but it did not work on any heat setting except "high" and could not be counted on to remain lit.  Yikes!  

After much ado - of course, we did not purchase the legs nor could we procure them by stopping in any RV Supply store. We had to order them.  In a regular house, ordering/delivery is not a big deal, but in our life we must calculate where we will be when said package can be expected - we missed our legs package by a day.  With a bit of backtracking only 10 miles or so, we (again, I mean Dave) were able to install the legs, a hose and voila!  The heater works as it should sipping propane and radiating heat no matter the setting. Our forced air heater rarely kicks in at night and we are roasty - toasty in our happy haRVey regardless of the freezing temperatures in Seattle, Washington.
This gives you a blurry idea of our first installation.

Here is our happy heater - I love my heater!

1 comment:

Dave Horn said...

72 degrees, 47% humidity, crisp fresh air ambiance because you have to keep two windows cracked open lest you die of suffocation...it just doesn't get any better than that.