Wednesday, October 19, 2011

My Friend Willa

 Willa and I became friends when we tried to get our home-schooled children to hang out when we all lived in Alaska... the kids did not become friends, but Willa and I became fast friends!  We got together for coffee about once a week, always a nice break for both of us.
 
Willa and her hubby, Mike now live in Post Falls, Idaho, which is close to Spokane, Washington, where haRVey is parked this week. When we had dinner with Mike and Willa,  we happily reminisced about our time in Alaska, which we all thoroughly loved and hated to leave. We have been gone from Juneau for twelve years and Mike and Willa left just two years ago.
I have two friends who take quilting seriously and now I have a hand-made quilt from each of them.  What a wonderful gift for me.  Thank you Willa for the beautiful gift. When living in an RV, a quilt from a friend is a treasure.
I now have a collection of two quilts - both keepers!

 I still miss this view of Mendenhall Glacier
This was literally our back yard at Faith Lutheran.



No comments: