Thursday, August 25, 2011

The Library

I am guessing that most people never give their local library a thought.  It is there when you need to do some research and great for a FREE good read.  When my children were young and we were settled in a new place (this happened often.) we would find our local library and we would all get a library card - if old enough. In St. Louis, the library was about nine blocks away, with Alyssa in the stroller and Travis in a snugli pack off we would go. I must have been in great shape. :) 

Fast forward many years and TWELVE library cards later, here I am with my Arrowhead library card.  It was quite a moment for me. You must be wondering why a person who lives full-time on the road  and is never near the same library in the time it takes to read a book would be happy.  I have a few words for you - Nook and e-books!  

No comments: