Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Old Friends

The summer of 1977 was the last time I was able to hang out with my friend Steph.  From 1969 - 77, I talked with her nearly every single day. She moved on to UW-Oshkosh while I went farther away - Concordia St. Paul.  We both met and married husbands, had kids, raised them and have them all nearly married off. On a sunny Saturday morning 34 years later, we met for breakfast.  I wondered if I would recognize my old friend, but she looked exactly the same to me with her beautiful smile and funny quirks. 

I have made and lost friends through the years as I am sure you have as well, but thanks be to God there are some we get to keep no matter how many years between visits. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is so beautiful, Sabra!! An inspirational friendship. :)