Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Flat Mary Visits Florida

We did not see any snakes.
Flat Mary taking time to tan.
Flat Mary liked to be near the water, but not in the water.
 I was honored to be the recipient of Flat Mary, a second grade project about the popular book Flat Stanley.   Flat Mary was sent to me from Minnesota and she was happy to be in Florida. 


We took Flat Mary to a school concert, she helped Dave play guitar and sing.  Our big outing was a bike ride to  Honeymoon Island near Dunedin, Florida.

As any kid she seems happy about the prospect of seeing poisonous snakes.

I have to include this last photo of the Osprey having lunch - he skinned, filleted and ate the fish, without a knife or even a decent cutting board.

1 comment:

LindaJean said...

These are such great pictures :) I have just now taken a minute to check your blog (the ONLY one I have read since I have been back from FL) and I will show Mary when she gets home from school.
The catch up has been unbelieveably ridiculous... Maybe I never will catch up. We narrowly missed a blizzard last night...not one single flake of snow. but now the temp is 4 degrees and must be about -25 windchill... sigh... how can I live on No Captiva and parent effectively a family that lives in No Minnesota??? there MUST be some way :D
Talk soon
Linda