Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Old Bike


I have had my bike for thirty years. After my Peninsula State Park experience and learning the cost of fixing up our bikes - Dave's has been pretty rickety for some time - would get us more than halfway to new bikes, Dave and I decided to donate both of our bikes to Ohio City Bicycle Co-Op,
an organization that is all about bikes and getting them into the hands of people who cannot afford them on their own.

We were quite apologetic about the foibles of our old friends, but the energetic guys who accepted our donations were happy to get two venerable fixer-uppers. Now I have a bike that looks like all the others on the trail, is a bit conventional-looking, but the brakes work and I can ride on gravel - no problem.

1 comment:

LindaJean said...

I think Dave could do something with a PVC type thing and you could probably make this work ;)