Monday, January 11, 2010

Tourist Traps

Because I have such a wonderful sister and brother-in-law, I was able to have a week in Cancun! My dear friend Linda and I spent time learning how to negotiate Mexico while having little comprehension of how to work the exchange rate of pesos on the fly, how to say anything really useful in Spanish, how to make sure the bus driver stops the bus within walking distance of your destination. In spite of our huge knowledge deficit, we had a blast. I will never forget my 51st birthday as it was spent in Cancun.

I took many photos, but in this blog I would like to present - tourist traps = little surprises that happen when you are not looking for them. Our adventures took us off of the main tourist areas and into the city where we found... tourist traps!


1 comment:

Hidden Valley RV Park said...

Sabra Lee, Just read back several pages through Calif and beyond...wow. Some great travels to add to your memories. Nice pictures too. Can't wait to meet you and Dave tomorrow at Hidden Valley RV.