Saturday, December 5, 2009

San Diego


Here are a few views of our campground in which we enjoyed a two-night stay.
Please note the semi-truck and red car are both traveling at approximately 65 miles per hour on I-5. Just so you know, traffic on I-5 is never, ever quiet when you are 30 yards away.

Sometimes websites and photos just don't tell the whole story or do a place justice. :)

Did I mention the commuter train runs on the other side of the campground?

The highlight of our stay was a visit to Pacific Beach, CA, a place we called home back in 1989 -1991. Dave served as a Navy Chaplain and at was sea most of the time - the kids and I became part of the St. Paul's Lutheran School family.
This picture shows the classrooms. When you open a classroom door - you are outside! Coming from North Dakota, this was mind blowing.
In August of 1991 our family moved to Juneau, Alaska. Change, what is change?



It was a treat to sing for the St. Paul's students and connect with friends.

1 comment:

Nick Tofteland said...

Sabra and Pastor Dave-
I have been doing a lot of my Advent preparation in Hebrews and just now came to Hebrews 12. As I read I couldn't help but hum the tune of Fix Your Eyes. It brought such a smile to my face that I hopped on the computer just now to see if I could find it online to listen to. I've now spent over an hour recounting your journey from December 2007 until December 5th, 2009. Amazing what some beautiful music and powerful words can inspire a person to do. Hope you're well, really love the blog.
Peace.