Monday, June 1, 2009

Josie Bassett Morris


I found the story of Josie Morris fascinating. She was a pioneer from the get go. I have included a link to an article which will tell you a bit about her five husbands, her whiskey still, her adventures in poaching, gardening, and building - she was quite a character. Josie's farm is located in Dinosaur National Monument and while the cabin is still there your imagination will have to create the rest of the story.
I think that Josie must have been vertically challenged.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This wonderful old lady is my great great grandmother. Thanks for the pictures and the link to the story I enjoyed it.

sandee said...

Josie is my great great grandma. Thanks for the pictures and the link to the story. I have fond memories of visiting her old cabin for family reunions.

Barb said...

Let's hear it for the "vertically challenged" of the world! Thanks for the link to this woman's story, Sob.

Jeff and Melissa Johns said...

This wonderful lady was my great- great grandma. I too have many wonderful memories playing at her cabin. She was a wonderful lady. But like everything some media stories have been blown out of proportion.