Thursday, December 11, 2008

Deep South

When Dave introduces himself and tells people where he is from, he says, "I am from the deep south... in Minnesota where we are sometimes referred to as Iowans." It always draws a laugh.

I met a woman while taking a walk on the beach who said her favorite weather comment was, "I hope this cold snap does not last long, I only have one pair of pants."

We are enjoying the hospitality of Bethlehem Lutheran in Jacksonville Beach, FL., about ten blocks from the beach, and two blocks from the laundromat. The beach is much more fun. :)

1 comment:

LindaJean said...

Oh my... I have been imagining myself on the beach and there you are :) We are expecting a blizzard tonight, tomorrow, and tomorrow night! That will be a fun thing, if I can't go to the beach that is!
Hi to Dave, how is the solar stuff going? We have a theme for Christmas this year: GREEN. Whatever we give to one another has to be good for the environment in one way or another. Should be interesting to see what people come up with.