Monday, September 22, 2008

My new profession




Okay, so I am only pretending.

While visiting the United States Air Force Museum, I realized that there are not many opportunities for a claustrophobic person such as myself. The cockpits were SMALL, the passageways were SMALL, the places where the gunners sat were SMALL and what if you had to get out of there in a hurry...

Any words I write sound trite considering what has been given for the freedom I enjoy, but I never considered the small space in which they worked. I appreciate it even more.

The hallway where I am standing is 17 inches wide - even the tour had small spaces!

The Museum was thoroughly enjoyable. Dave thought I would be bored - Ha. I loved the planes. I loved the human stories more, especially the tales about early flight and what the Viet Nam POWs had to endure. Very powerful.

If ever you get the chance to visit the USAF Museum in Dayton, Ohio, just do it!

No comments: