Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Today is my mom's birthday





As long as I can remember I have been calling my mom on July 1 to say, "Happy Birthday!" This year, eight months after her death, the day falls flat and brings to mind things I miss about my mom. She had a wonderful quick smile, she always had a pot of coffee ready for a sit down visit, she shopped at Goodwill with all 10 kids and their children in mind - you could never be sure what was coming when she said, "Oh, I found this for you..."

The picture on the right (bottom) was taken after mom opened an afghan made by my daughter, Alyssa.
The one on the left (top) was taken at our annual family camping trip. After many years, this will be our first year of family camping without mom.

A word from someone who can no longer have a sit down visit and a cup of coffee with her mom - don't take it for granted.

I miss her in this life, but I look forward to our NEW Birth day in heaven where we will celebrate life to the fullest with our Lord and Savior - I am sure there will be coffee.

No comments: